I am either about to emerge from a long period of distraction, or go into one, but I’m glad the mix train is at least running on time. This is kind of a decks-clearing (ha) mix that began with me going through all the singles I really liked this year (more on that soon) and picking out the best four on the floor ones I hadn’t used in anything yet. Relatively melodic and warm by my standards, so perhaps you will break this out in holiday party season? Enjoy, and don’t go away, there will be at least one more post before the end of the year.
1. Blond:ish – Inner Jungle – Welcome To The Present (Kompakt)
2. Art Department – The Agent (Nitin remix) – The Final Remixes (No 19 Music)
3. Slow Hands – I’ll find me (Soul Clap dub) – I’ll Find Me Remixes (Wolf + Lamb)
4. Pearson Sound – Thaw Cycle – Thaw Cycle (Pearson Sound)
5. Youandewan – Fool Be Cool – Spiral Arms EP (Aus Music)
6. Nightmares On Wax – Aftermath (Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer dub) – Aftermath (Warp) 7. The Black Dog – Hollow Stories Hollow Head (GoldFFinch remix) – Very Extended Play EP (Dust Science)
8. Hugo Massien – Better Let Her – Kontrol EP (XL)
9. Dance System – DOS 4 – System Preferences EP (Ultramajic)
10. Special Request – Reset It – Modern Warfare EP 1 (XL)
11. Hodge – Renegades – Amor Fati/Renegades (Livity Sound)
12. Jamie XX – Loud Places (Tessela remix) – Loud Places Remixes (Young Turks)
13. Paula Temple – Oscillate – Tw33tz/Oscillate (50 Weapons)
Mixed Dec. 4, 2015 by Dave Morris a.k.a. deemo for a-void.ca.
Comrades! Let us now praise the glorious union of Montreal’s MUTEK and Elektra festivals in EM15, whose roster of gigs between Tuesday May 27 and Sunday June 1 is so good, mine eyes can barely stand to look at it. Mostly because I can’t go this year. But for those who can, let me assist you in choosing from among the 85 (!!) performances. Why? Because it’s basically this site in festival form. From Ricardo Villalobos to Pinch to Shackleton to Oneohtrix Point Never to Lee Bannon to Jonas Reinhardt to Tim Hecker to Move D (the latter four of which I didn’t even get to in the festival preview that follows), the artists at this year’s fest are in my opinion among the best that ever did it.
You may wonder why I only post reviews of albums on here and not singles. Or you may not. Anyways I’m explaining here, so STFU for a minute. I don’t review singles because, if I like them, odds are they end up in a mix like this. Thus I feel compelled to point out how totally fucking bananas-awesome Wesley Matsell and Gerry Read’s latest singles are, which is obviously why I included them. Also the Recondite track, which isn’t new. Did I mention you should listen to this? You should listen to this.
1. Pearson Sound – Raindrops pt. II – Raindrops
2. Kelis – Jerk Ribs (Mount Kimbie Remix) – Jerk Ribs (Remixes)
3. DMX Krew – My Metro – Hot Punch / My Metro
4. Recondite – Riant – Bleep: The Top 100 Tracks of 2013
5. Lucy – leave us alone – Churches Schools And Guns
6. Neneh Cherry – Everything (Villalobos & Loderbauer: Vilod high blood pressure mix) – Everything
7. Dave DK – Woolloomooloo – Perfect Like You / Woolloomooloo
8. Wesley Matsell – Future Beacon – Total Order of Being
9. The Lionheart Brothers – The Drift (Frisvold & Lindbaek Remix) – The Drift
10. The Analogue Cops – Second Disco Crime (ft. Steffi) – Heavy Hands
11. Christian S – Number One – Pitch Rider
12. Boddika & Joy Orbison – More Maim – More Maim / In Here
13. Pinch & Mumdance – Turbo Mitzi – Turbo Mitzi / Whiplash
14. Sam Russo – Wanderer (John Tejada remix) – To The Brink / Wanderer
15. Gerry Read – ShrubbyÂ – Shrubby
16. Snow Ghosts – Secret Garden (Matthew Herbert’s Wash It All Away Instrumental) – Secret Garden
17. Pearson Sound – Raindrops pt. I – Raindrops